Seeking HR Generalist
Location: Vance AL
Reports to: HR Manager
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Human Resources Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in local site location.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and three to five years’ human resource experience, or a master’s degree in human resource management and two years’ experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Eight to 10 years’ human resource experience.