|Position core competencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The requirements and competencies required for the job are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities defined within the job description, assigned by management, or within individual work instructions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions:
Clarifies projects, tasks or company objectives for the team to help accomplish the goals set by leadership
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with team members and customers; while leveraging those relationships internally and externally
- Tailors and presents information to diverse audience using a variety of communication skills or methods; and support communication to groups, large or small
- Works to build mutual respect, fairness and equity among the team members and customers; and models fairness, equity and mutual respect to peers, coworkers, and management teams
Roles and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates respect for the individual, team member and customers; and works to improve personal aspects of their own development
- Works to understand the perspectives of others and demonstrates empathy; while being flexible to see other’s opinions
- Meets commitments, deadlines and completes assignments; while holding self and others accountable for their actions and results
- Accepts challenges and adjusts to change
- Considers and develops alternative solutions when problem solving
- Resolves conflicts among goals and sets priorities
- Learns quickly and shares knowledge with others to enhance overall team performance
- Manages resources appropriately and asks for support when needed to complete a task
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Studies production schedules and estimates work hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product participating in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of plant, department or line.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains production records.
- Confers with others to coordinate activities of plant personnel.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Responsible for containment of non-stable and non-capable processes.
- Oversees all aspects of the production build.
- Enforces safety compliance by ensuring the proper training is given in OSHA mandated regulations such as electrical safety, hazard communications, etc. Will also ensure compliance with company safety rules and regulations and will offer training on a monthly basis on various safety topics.
- Reports machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for collecting data and reporting on monthly measurable goals.
- Identifies for collecting data and reporting on monthly measurable goals.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement, ensures that continuous improvement activities are planned, implemented, measured, reported and reviewed in the respective area of responsibility.
- Reviews employee performance and coaches employees on a regular basis.
- Identifies performance or conduct issues, resolving the issue internally with the Employee (where possible and appropriate) and initiates the employee corrective action process (for internal resolution).
- Communicates issues that cannot be resolved to HR and develops an appropriate action plan with HR to correct the issue.
- Completes the performance appraisal process for direct report at a minimum on an annual basis.
- Plans goals and individual development with each direct report.
- Corrects and improves actions in the respective area with regards to employee satisfaction.
- Communicates daily with the team.
- Develops and controls documents and data within the functional area.
- Responsible for applying the preventive action process when potential issues/risks are identified. Also, responsible for assessing the importance/severity of the issues/risks and for initiating the preventive action for employees in the department.
- Submits a resignation to the Site Manager when separating.
High School Diploma or GED is required; Preferred Skills: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a two or four year college or technical school; or up to five year’s related experience and/or training; or a combination of both
Scope of Authority
Has the authority to stop production if a defective or unsafe parts or condition appear. Has the authority to reject non-conforming material from the supplier. Is empowered to prevent non-conforming material from reaching the customer. The HR related functions of hiring, firing, promoting, demoting, and compensation changes are not part of this role. Recommendations from the Group Manager may be taken into consideration, but must be submitted to the Site Manager who retains this authority or the HR Manager.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the team member(s) incumbent in this position. Team Member(s) are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the person authorized to give instructions or assignment.